CHEMICAL OVERLOAD?? COULD IT BE HFCS?
Read this and at the bottom is a link to schedule a FREE STRATEGY session with me so we can set up a plan to get you on the road to better health! IF YOU ARE READY NOW, JUST SCROLL RIGHT ON DOWN AND LET’S SCHEDULE IT RIGHT NOW SO WE CAN TALK RIGHT AWAY!
Have you ever thought those HORRIBLE behaviours and outbursts could be from a TOXIC CHEMICAL OVERLOAD?? And do you know about HFCS? You might think is just plain sugar, but it’s not. HFCS is from the corn plant, innocent right? NO! It’s a genetically altered corn plant, highly processed and in almost all of our processed and packaged foods. Stop giving it to your kids and see if it doesn’t make a difference right now, today! READ THE LABELS of everything you buy, it’s even in that healthy thing called yogurt! Surprise, surprise!
The following is from Dr. Mark Hyman’s website
IF YOU CAN’T CONVINCE THEM, CONFUSE THEM – Harry Truman
The current media debate about the benefits (or lack of harm) of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in our diet misses the obvious. The average American increased their consumption of HFCS (mostly from sugar sweetened drinks and processed food) from zero to over 60 pounds per person per year.
During that time period, obesity rates have more than tripled and diabetes incidence has increased more than seven fold. Not perhaps the only cause, but a fact that cannot be ignored.
Doubt and confusion are the currency of deception, and they sow the seeds of complacency. These are used skillfully through massive print and television advertising campaigns by the Corn Refiners Association’sattempt to dispel the “myth” that HFCS is harmful and assert through the opinion of “medical and nutrition experts” that it is no different than cane sugar. It is a “natural” product that is a healthy part of our diet when used in moderation.
Except for one problem. When used in moderation it is a major cause of heart disease, obesity, cancer, dementia, liver failure, tooth decay, and more.
Why is the corn industry spending millions on misinformation campaigns to convince consumers and health care professionals of the safety of their product? Could it be that the food industry comprises 17 percent of our economy?
The Lengths the Corn Industry Will Go To
The goal of the corn industry is to call into question any claim of harm from consuming high fructose corn syrup, and to confuse and deflect by calling their product natural “corn sugar”. That’s like calling tobacco in cigarettes natural herbal medicine.
In the ad, the father tells us:
“Like any parent I have questions about the food my daughter eats–-like high fructose corn syrup. So I started looking for answers from medical and nutrition experts, and what I discovered whether it’s corn sugar or cane sugar your body can’t tell the difference. Sugar is sugar. Knowing that makes me feel better about what she eats and that’s one less thing to worry about.”
Physicians are also targeted directly. I received a 12-page color glossy monograph from the Corn Refiners Association reviewing the “science” that HFCS was safe and no different than cane sugar. I assume the other 700,000 physicians in America received the same propaganda at who knows what cost.
In addition to this, I received a special “personal” letter from the Corn Refiner’s Association outlining every mention of the problems with HFCS in our diet–whether in print, blogs, books, radio, or television. They warned me of the errors of my ways and put me on “notice”. For what I am not sure. To think they are tracking this (and me) that closely gives me an Orwellian chill.
New websites like www.sweetsurprise.com and www.cornsugar.com help “set us straight” about HFCS with quotes from professors of nutrition and medicine and thought leaders from Harvard and other stellar institutions.
Why is the corn industry spending millions on misinformation campaigns to convince consumers and health care professionals of the safety of their product? Could it be that the food industry comprises 17 percent of our economy?
But are these twisted sweet lies or a sweet surprise, as the Corn Refiners Association websites claim?
Here are 5 reasons you should stay way from any product containing high fructose corn syrup and why it may kill you.
- Sugar in any form causes obesity and disease when consumed in pharmacologic doses.Cane sugar and high fructose corn syrup are indeed both harmful when consumed in pharmacologic doses of 140 pounds per person per year.When one 20 ounce HFCS sweetened soda, sports drink, or tea has 17 teaspoons of sugar (and the average teenager often consumes two drinks a day) we are conducting a largely uncontrolled experiment on the human species.Our hunter gatherer ancestors consumed the equivalent of 20 teaspoons per year, not per day. In this sense, I would agree with the corn industry that sugar is sugar. Quantity matters. But there are some important differences.
- HFCS and cane sugar are NOT biochemically identical or processed the same way by the body. High fructose corn syrup is an industrial food product and far from “natural” or a naturally occurring substance. It is extracted from corn stalks through a process so secret that Archer Daniels Midland and Carghill would not allow the investigative journalist Michael Pollan to observe it for his book The Omnivore’s Dilemma. The sugars are extracted through a chemical enzymatic process resulting in a chemically and biologically novel compound called HFCS. Some basic biochemistry will help you understand this. Regular cane sugar (sucrose) is made of two-sugar molecules bound tightly together– glucose and fructose in equal amounts.The enzymes in your digestive tract must break down the sucrose into glucose and fructose, which are then absorbed into the body. HFCS also consists of glucose and fructose, not in a 50-50 ratio, but a 55-45 fructose to glucose ratio in an unbound form. Fructose is sweeter than glucose. And HFCS is cheaper than sugar because of the government farm bill corn subsidies. Products with HFCS are sweeter and cheaper than products made with cane sugar. This allowed for the average soda size to balloon from 8 ounces to 20 ounces with little financial costs to manufacturers but great human costs of increased obesity, diabetes, and chronic disease.Now back to biochemistry. Since there is there is no chemical bond between them, no digestion is required so they are more rapidly absorbed into your blood stream. Fructose goes right to the liver and triggers lipogenesis (the production of fats like triglycerides and cholesterol) this is why it is the major cause of liver damage in this country and causes a condition called “fatty liver” which affects 70 million people.The rapidly absorbed glucose triggers big spikes in insulin–our body’s major fat storage hormone. Both these features of HFCS lead to increased metabolic disturbances that drive increases in appetite, weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, dementia, and more.But there was one more thing I learned during lunch with Dr. Bruce Ames. Research done by his group at the Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute found that free fructose from HFCS requires more energy to be absorbed by the gut and soaks up two phosphorous molecules from ATP (our body’s energy source).This depletes the energy fuel source, or ATP, in our gut required to maintain the integrity of our intestinal lining. Little “tight junctions” cement each intestinal cell together preventing food and bacteria from “leaking” across the intestinal membrane and triggering an immune reaction and body wide inflammation.High doses of free fructose have been proven to literally punch holes in the intestinal lining allowing nasty byproducts of toxic gut bacteria and partially digested food proteins to enter your blood stream and trigger the inflammation that we know is at the root of obesity, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, dementia, and accelerated aging. Naturally occurring fructose in fruit is part of a complex of nutrients and fiber that doesn’t exhibit the same biological effects as the free high fructose doses found in “corn sugar”.The takeaway: Cane sugar and the industrially produced, euphemistically named “corn sugar” are not biochemically or physiologically the same.
- HFCS contains contaminants including mercury that are not regulated or measured by the FDA. An FDA researcher asked corn producers to ship a barrel of high fructose corn syrup in order to test for contaminants. Her repeated requests were refused until she claimed she represented a newly created soft drink company. She was then promptly shipped a big vat of HFCS that was used as part of the study that showed that HFCS often contains toxic levels of mercury because of chlor-alkali products used in its manufacturing.(i) Poisoned sugar is certainly not “natural”.When HFCS is run through a chemical analyzer or a chromatograph, strange chemical peaks show up that are not glucose or fructose. What are they? Who knows? This certainly calls into question the purity of this processed form of super sugar. The exact nature, effects, and toxicity of these funny compounds have not been fully explained, but shouldn’t we be protected from the presence of untested chemical compounds in our food supply, especially when the contaminated food product comprises up to 15-20 percent of the average American’s daily calorie intake?
- Independent medical and nutrition experts DO NOT support the use of HFCS in our diet, despite the assertions of the corn industry. The corn industry’s happy looking websites www.cornsugar.com and www.sweetsurprise.com bolster their position that cane sugar and corn sugar are the same by quoting experts, or should we say misquoting … Barry M. Popkin, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, has published widely on the dangers of sugar-sweetened drinks and their contribution to the obesity epidemic. In a review of HFCS in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,(ii)he explains the mechanism by which the free fructose may contribute to obesity.He states that: “The digestion, absorption, and metabolism of fructose differ from those of glucose. Hepatic metabolism of fructose favors de novo lipogenesis (production of fat in the liver). In addition, unlike glucose, fructose does not stimulate insulin secretion or enhance leptin production. Because insulin and leptin act as key afferent signals in the regulation of food intake and body weight (to control appetite), this suggests that dietary fructose may contribute to increased energy intake and weight gain. Furthermore, calorically sweetened beverages may enhance caloric over-consumption.”He states that HFCS is absorbed more rapidly than regular sugar and that it doesn’t stimulate insulin or leptin production. This prevents you from triggering the body’s signals for being full and may lead to over-consumption of total calories. He concludes by saying that:“… the increase in consumption of HFCS has a temporal relation to the epidemic of obesity, and the overconsumption of HFCS in calorically sweetened beverages may play a role in the epidemic of obesity.”The corn industry takes his comments out of context to support their position. “All sugar you eat is the same.”True pharmacologic doses of any kind of sugar are harmful, but the biochemistry of different kinds of sugar and their respective effects on absorption, appetite, and metabolism are different, and Dr. Popkin knows that.David S. Ludwig, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, and a personal friend, has published extensively on the dangers and the obesogenic properties of sugar-sweetened beverages.He was quoted as saying that “high fructose corn syrup is one of the most misunderstood products in the food industry.” When I asked him why he supported the corn industry, he told me he didn’t and that his comments were taken totally out of context.Misrepresenting science is one thing, misrepresenting scientists who have been at the forefront of the fight against obesity and high fructose sugar sweetened beverages is quite another.
- HFCS is almost always a marker of poor-quality, nutrient-poor disease-creating industrial food products or “food-like substances”. The last reason to avoid products that contain HFCS is that they are a marker for poor-quality, nutritionally-depleted, processed industrial food full of empty calories and artificial ingredients. If you find “high fructose corn syrup” on the label you can be sure it is not a whole, real, fresh food full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and antioxidants. Stay away if you want to stay healthy. We still must reduce our overall consumption of sugar, but with this one simple dietary change you can radically reduce your health risks and improve your health.While debate may rage about the biochemistry and physiology of cane sugar versus corn sugar, this is in fact beside the point (despite the finer points of my scientific analysis above). The conversation has been diverted to a simple assertion that cane sugar and corn sugar are not different.
The real issues are only two.
- We are consuming HFCS and sugar in pharmacologic quantities never before experienced in human history–140 pounds a year versus 20 teaspoons a year 10,000 years ago.
- High fructose corn syrup is always found in very poor-quality foods that are nutritionally vacuous and filled with all sorts of other disease promoting compounds, fats, salt, chemicals, and even mercury.
That being said, I would watch what I give to those littles we love this Holiday Season. You owe to them and yourself. If you want to give a gift, give a gift of good health, no toxins this year.
I know I’ve been giving you a lot of information. But here is a list of 20 dangerous toxins I am positive you have in your home and some of their side effects. This is TRUTH folks. Do you really want to continue doing the same things? Do you really want to continue to ignore the TRUTH?
It took me ZERO DAYS to decide what to do once I started discovering the truth about TOXINS. What have you decided so far? You have 2 choices. Remain the same or make a change. What are you going to do? If I haven’t heard from you yet, then I am going to assume you have chosen to remain the same and ignore the TRUTH. I would ask that those of you I have heard from, pass this along and share the TRUTH with those around you.
Labels on cosmetics and body care products are a tough code to crack. The industry is so shockingly unregulated that it’s usually impossible to trust the claims that manufacturers place on their products. A word such as “natural” can be used by anyone for anything. Even “organic” is misleading. Companies are supposed to use an organic label only if ALL ingredients are certified-organic, but they can also say it’s “made with organic” if it contains a minimum of 70 percent certified-organic ingredients. Regardless, 30 percent still leaves a lot of room for toxins. Are you willing to risk it with the 30% mark?
The whole industry has a “innocent-till-proven-guilty” approach to ingredients. Unless a chemical used in beauty products is proven to cause harm to human health, it is classified as GRAS, or “generally recognized as safe.” This classification is upheld by the U.S. FDA and hardly has the best interests of consumers at heart. Remember the FDA is the same group that approves all of the deadly medications out there. The same poisonous and deadly medications that they end up recalling a short time later after enough people have died or experienced severe side affect. How long will you be comfortable trusting them?
Do you carry around toxins in your handbag? I bet you do. I did for many years, and if you are like me, you didn’t know any better. Got some red lipstick in there? Hand or body moisturizers? Sunscreen? Because you are concerned about toxins in the environment I’d thought you’d like this information! After I found out about this I no longer carried a TOXIC HANDBAG.
Synthetics, PHTHALATES, dyes and other horrid chemicals in our personal products are known to cause cancer, joint and muscle aches, problems with memory and concentration and more. I know you are interested in finding out why you are having headaches daily. I understand why you may be wanting to give up and succumb to the medications you are told will help you. I know you are tired of being sick and tired.
You have the right to know the dangerous TOXINS that are in personal products. Big corporations lie to us everyday. If you knew there was an answer wouldn’t you want to know? If you did know the answer wouldn’t you want to start doing what it takes to change things. When you find out, you are going to also want to share it with those you love and care about. You will want to share the information with your mothers, sisters, daughters and other people in your circle of close friends and family.
It’s horrible being lied to every day. It’s horrible that the advertising companies think we are so dumb all they need to do it cover up these dangerous toxins with pretty packages and make them smell pretty. It’s degrading to me that they see women being dumb and willing to purchase anything that might make us feel, look or smell pretty, all the while they are filling us with TOXIC poison. They first fill our eyes and minds with advertising lies, making promising claims of beauty.
But it doesn’t stop there. These same companies are making us sick, disrupting our hormones and thyroids. The very things that make a woman tick is being destroyed by these TOXINS. Is this what you want for your daughters and granddaughters, or your friends and yourself. How much longer are you going to ignore the truth? I’m giving you just a few things in this report, there is so much more to the big picture of consumable poisonous TOXINS. We can FIX THIS NOW! Let’s put a stop to this!
So here you are sick. You are tired. You experience headaches. You have emotional mood swings that affect your family life, your work and school life. They affect every relationship you are in. You can no longer control your emotions and can’t figure out why. You have high blood pressure and more stress because of all of this. I feel your pain, I was in the same place.
************************YOUR PROBLEM is NOT YOUR PROBLEM***************************
Your problem is that you don’t know what you don’t know. It very well may be the cause of TOXIC poisoning, you are frustrated not knowing the cause of all these ill feelings. Feeling alone and lost and not knowing can be so frustrating!
I know your frustration with feeling sick and tired all the time. I feel your pain if you’ve gone to Doctors with constant headaches with no explanation. I know what it’s like to be exhausted all the time only adding to stress and moodiness. I was always tired and had no motivation. My exhaustion took time away from my family. My hormones were going crazy and I had horrible mood swings. My thyroid was out of whack. I was told it was due to my age and perfectly normal. All I needed were a few prescriptions to be filled and I’d be fine.
I was able to change all that by making better choices for myself and choosing non-toxic products and using essential oils for my emotional well-being. It saved my family life and my sanity! I didn’t just save myself from the toxins but, I also saved myself from the side effects I would have experienced after starting the cycle of taking medications.
Did you know there are dangerous toxic chemicals in makeup, deodorant, lotions and other body products? What you put ON your skin goes IN the body. Our skin is the largest organ of the body and the first line of defense against sickness and disease. Things like FD&C and D&C are suspected carcinogens.
“Fragrance” is a cover up word to protect ingredients companies really don’t want to reveal to protect their secret formula. Phthalates are known endocrine disrupters and have been linked to certain cancers. Tricolson is widely used antimicrobial chemical that’s a known endocrine disruptor — especially thyroid and reproductive hormones, and a skin irritant. Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) / Sodium laureth sulfate (SLES). This surfactant can be found in more than 90 percent of personal care and cleaning products (think foaming products). SLS’s are known to be skin, lung, and eye irritants. Formaldehyde, Toluene(a potent solvent that can dissolve paint), and Propylene glycol are just to name a few. To really find out what is in the products you use, you can check out the EWG’s Skin Deep Database to research toxic chemicals that could be in your cosmetic and personal care products.
Fortunately there is an answer, a safe non toxic alternative when it comes to your face and makeup. Here I only discuss about using alternative and natural personal body products such as soap, deodorant, shampoo, facial moisturizers and more. And folks it is not available in stores. If non-toxic is where you want to go, I’VE GOT YOU COVERED FROM HEAD TO TOE!
Years ago I decided I was not going to keep POISONING my face and my body every day! If you knew you could do something about what was making you sick, wouldn’t you do something about it? I was so ready and finally had a place to start. I found out I could fix my problem myself without doctors or medications. I didn’t need to be sick and tired anymore. No more time wasted sitting in a Doctor’s office or wasting money for medication.
The best thing we consumers can do is read ingredient lists carefully in order to avoid chemicals that are known to be harmful, even though they continue to be widely used. Go grab your shampoo, your moisturizer, body lotion, maybe that favorite candle you just think you can’t give up……………go on, I double dog dare you! Go get a few things right now and let’s see if any of the following items might lurk inside. Look at the ingredient list and let’s see what you have that’s making you sick.
Coal Tar: A known carcinogen banned in the EU, but still used in North America. Used in dry skin treatments, anti-lice and anti-dandruff shampoos, also listed as a color plus number, i.e. FD&C Red No. 6.
DEA/TEA/MEA: Suspected carcinogens used as emulsifiers and foaming agents for shampoos, body washes, soaps.
Ethoxylated surfactants and 1,4-dioxane: Never listed because it’s a by-product made from adding carcinogenic ethylene oxide to make other chemicals less harsh. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has found 1,4-dioxane in 57 percent of baby washes in the U.S. Avoid any ingredients containing the letters “eth.”
Formaldehyde: Probable carcinogen and irritant found in nail products, hair dye, fake eyelash adhesives, shampoos. Banned in the EU.
Fragrance/Parfum: A catchall for hidden chemicals, such as phthalates. Fragrance is connected to headaches, dizziness, asthma, and allergies.
Hydroquinone: Used for lightening skin. Banned in the UK, rated most toxic on the EWG’s Skin Deep database, and linked to cancer and reproductive toxicity.
Lead: Known carcinogen found in lipstick and hair dye, but never listed because it’s a contaminant, not an ingredient.
Mercury: Known allergen that impairs brain development. Found in mascara and some eyedrops.
Mineral oil: By-product of petroleum that’s used in baby oil, moisturizers, styling gels. It creates a film that impairs the skin’s ability to release toxins.
Oxybenzone: Active ingredient in chemical sunscreens that accumulates in fatty tissues and is linked to allergies, hormone disruption, cellular damage, low birth weight.
Parabens: Used as preservatives, found in many products. Linked to cancer, endocrine disruption, reproductive toxicity.
Paraphenylenediamine (PPD): Used in hair products and dyes, but toxic to skin and immune system.
Phthalates: Plasticizers banned in the EU and California in children’s toys, but present in many fragrances, perfumes, deodorants, lotions. Linked to endocrine disruption, liver/kidney/lung damage, cancer.
Placental extract: Used in some skin and hair products, but linked to endocrine disruption.
Polyethylene glycol (PEG): Penetration enhancer used in many products, it’s often contaminated with 1,4-dioxane and ethylene oxide, both known carcinogens.
Silicone-derived emollients: Used to make a product feel soft, these don’t biodegrade, and also prevent skin from breathing. Linked to tumour growth and skin irritation.
Sodium lauryl (ether) sulfate (SLS, SLES): A former industrial degreaser now used to make soap foamy, it’s absorbed into the body and irritates skin.
Talc: Similar to asbestos in composition, it’s found in baby powder, eye shadow, blush, deodorant. Linked to ovarian cancer and respiratory problems.
Toluene: Known to disrupt the immune and endocrine systems, and fetal development, it’s used in nail and hair products. Often hidden under fragrance.
Triclosan: Found in antibacterial products, hand sanitizers, and deodorants, it is linked to cancer and endocrine disruption. Avoid the brand Microban.
Now I’ve given you some TRUTH, what will you do with it?
I want to help you get started now! I want to help you end the feelings of being lied to, the feelings of being confused and overwhelmed. I want to help you figure this out and fix it now before it’s too late. I have a form you can fill out to answer a few questions. After I get to know a little about you, we can set up a quick phone session. We can strategize together and get you to the next step in becoming TOXIC free. Here is the link: https://rosalielopez.wufoo.com/forms/z241dsl06hfm1d/
Can we talk about it a bit? I’d really like to help you set up a plan to start a journey of toxic free living. Get on the road to better health and wellness, there is no better time than this. I want to give you the gift of health this Holiday Season.
You can do this!
P.S. You owe it to yourself to start somewhere. The alternative is to DO NOTHING and continue on a road to MORE SICKNESS and DISEASE. Stop that now. Here is the link: https://rosalielopez.wufoo.com/forms/z241dsl06hfm1d/