- 1 large egg
- half a medium lemon, juiced (approximately 1 Tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup light olive oil
- Begin by placing all ingredients in a wide mouth mason jar of other tall, cylinder shaped container. I generally use the one that came with my immersion blender.Make sure the white pepper is not clumped up and let the ingredients sit for a minute or two until the oil rises to the top.
- Place the immersion blender in so that it sits firmly on the bottom of the container. Set it to the highest speed and turn on. Do NOT pull the blender up or out, just allow it to sit at the bottom of the container. The mayo will emulsify and begin creeping up the sides.
- Once most of the mixture has emulsified and looks like mayo (less than a minute!), you can begin to move the immersion blender up and down to incorporate any oil that is sitting on the top.
- Place in a container with a lid, keep refrigerated and use up within one week.
- I often add a twist to the mayo if I am making something special like these suggestions:
- add some Jalapenos if you want some spicy burgers
- add garlic and italian seasoning and put n bread for the oven
- add Tapitio sauce to taste and what a kicker!
- add whatever you want, experiment, play with it!