Southwest Cilantro Lime Salad
This comes from Get In My Belly and looks so delicious I just had to make it and loved it so much I had to share it with you all as well!! I am a veggie lover, so YES, this would be a meal for me, but you can always add some leftover chicken or BBQ steak from another meal to add some meat for all you meat lovers. Then you may just want to fire up that BBQ, hey, it’s summertime right? BBQ a steak, some sausage or chicken and enjoy!
- Large head of romaine
- 15 oz. can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen organic corn, thawed
- 5 green onions
- Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 Avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp organic local honey
1. Puree all dressing ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth.
2. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
3. Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
4. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
5. Toss with homemade cilantro-lime dressing