Chopped Tex-Mex Cowboy Chicken Salad
- 1 cup ranch dressing (I make my own favorite recipe from Homademommy.net)
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (hot or mild)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cooled and diced
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 head)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 4–5 green onions, sliced
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese, cut into ¼” cubes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 cup crushed organic and non-GMO tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing then refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. Add dressing a little at a time then toss until lightly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Seriously, I eat this as a meal!! You will be surprised how filling it is. On a hot summer day this is an easy one to make. I always have a bit of cooked chicken left over from previous recipes that I keep in a freezer container for things just like this.