SLOW COOKER BEEF BROCCOLI
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 10 minutes
– 2 pounds beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips, cut across the grain
– 2 cups beef broth
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
– ½ teaspoon chili flakes
– 1 cup soy sauce
– ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed(PALEO eaters use coconut palm sugar, honey or agave)
– ⅓ cup cornstarch
– 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
– Short Grain Brown Rice, cooked
- Add the beef broth, sesame oil, garlic, chili flakes, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch to the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add the sliced beef and mix until completely coated with sauce.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours – or on low for 5 to 6 hours – until the meat is cooked through and tender. (Remember that slow cooker temperatures vary between each cooker, so cooking times may vary.) Remove the lid aproximately 30 minutes before the meat is done to allow sauce to thicken.
- Add the steamed broccoli and serve hot over rice.