Old Fashioned Saucy Topped Meatloaf
1½ lbs ground beef
¾ cup quick oatmeal
¾ cup milk
½ cup onion, finely diced
1¼ tsp sea or himalayan salt
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
⅓ cup ketchup
2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
1 tbsp yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine ground beef, oatmeal, milk, egg, onion, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl. Using your hand, incorporate everything into the meat.
- Transfer meat into a large loaf pan and press it down evenly into the pan.
- Mix ketchup, sugar, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and drain off excess grease. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.