Honey Garlic Chicken(Slow or Pressure Pot)
If you have a pressure pot you can probably adapt this recipe yourself, but it is originally for the slow cooker.
– 1-½ pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 6 to 8 thighs)
– 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
– 1 pound small whole carrots, cleaned and stems removed
– 1 pound green beans, trimmed
– ½ cup soy sauce
– ½ cup honey
– 1-½ teaspoons dried basil
– ½ teaspoon chili flakes
– ½ teaspoons black pepper, plus more to taste
– 8 cloves garlic, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, basil, chili flakes and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes, carrots and half of the chicken thighs in a 6-quart slow cooker. Season with pepper, and pour half of the sauce over the chicken and veggies.
- Place the remaining chicken on top of the seasoned chicken and pour the remaining sauce evenly over everything. Season again with black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours – or cook on low for 7 to 8 hours – basting occasionally. Add the green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Prefer crispy skin on your chicken thighs? Broil them! After cooking in the slow cooker, preheat your oven to broil. Place the thighs on a sheet pan, skin-side up, and broil for 3 to 4 minutes, until you reach your desired crispiness.