- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Nature Nate’s honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.
3. Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 3 or 4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side.
4. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
5. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; set aside.
6. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and stir in cornstarch mixture until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
7. Serve chicken immediately, drizzled with honey glaze