Garlic Citrus Chicken
½ cup juice from 1 orange
1 tablespoon zest from same orange
4 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 small zucchini, cut on the bias
1 small yellow summer squash, cut on the bias
1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into thin strips
1 ¼ lb package chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch slices
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Whisk together orange juice, zest, soy sauce, salt, cornstarch, pepper flakes, and garlic. Set aside.
2. Heat a large sauté pan to medium-high heat.
3. Add a few teaspoons of oil to coat the pan.
4. Add the chicken, sauté about 2 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
5. Add zucchini and summer squash. Toss to combine.
6. Pour the reserved sauce over the chicken and veggies, toss to coat.
7. Cook about 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
8. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if needed.
9. Garnish with scallions and additional pepper flakes for extra spice (optional). Serve immediately.
This goes great with a side of Cilantro Rice