Fried Zucchini Fritters
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and minced
- ¼ Cup fresh basil; we grown our own, but you can find it at any grocery store
- ¼ cup fresh oregano. Ditto
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 organic eggs
- ¼ cup flour – Gluten Free if necessary
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper or to taste
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate zucchini. Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with 1/2 teaspoons salt. Let stand 10 minutes, and then wring zucchini dry in a clean kitchen towel to remove moisture. Place zucchini in a large bowl and gently mix in egg, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon zest, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Slowly add flour, stirring so no lumps form.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until the oil sizzles when you drop a small amount of zucchini mixture into the pan. Carefully drop about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture into pan; repeat, spacing fritters a few inches apart.
- Cook fritters until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Turn fritters, and continue cooking until golden, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer fritters to a plate; set aside in a warm place. Cook remaining zucchini mixture, adding more oil to pan if necessary.
I love these served with Ranch Dip, I make my own and you can get the recipe here, like I did from Homemade Mommy.net