Recipe type: Salad, Gluten Free, Vegan
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (you should get about 5-6 cups)
- 2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch of curly kale, washed, stem removed and chopped (you should get 7-8 cups)
- Juice of ½ a large lemon
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup chopped Blue Diamond Almonds, Low Sodium & Lightly Salted
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- ½ cup tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-6 tablespoons warm water, depending on how thick you want the dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large sheet pan, toss together the diced sweet potato with 2 teaspoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Bake sweet potato until fork tender, 35-40 minutes, flipping once.
- Prepare the kale while the sweet potatoes are baking. Add the chopped kale to a large bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of ½ a large lemon and a heaping ¼ teaspoon salt. Use your hands to massage the kale and make sure everything is mixed together, about 1 minute. Set kale aside until sweet potatoes are finished baking.
- Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and whisking until a creamy dressing is formed. Add the water slowly until desired consistency is reached.
- There are two ways you can assemble the salad: You can add all ingredients to the bowl with the kale and mix until combined. Add desired amount of dressing to each individual serving. Or, you can add the kale mixture to separate bowls and evenly top with remaining ingredients.