– 2 pounds chicken thighs, diced
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– ½ teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 – 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
– ½ cup shredded Parmesan
– 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 cup panko, toasted
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– ¼ cup fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc.), chopped
OPTION: 2 Med yellow zuchinni, spiralized into noodles and steamed until tender. Sprinkle with garlic and add 2 Tbls butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil an 11½-inch-by-7½-inch baking dish with coconut or olive oil.
- Place the chopped chicken into the pan and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the top and stir to mix. Sprinkle the two cheeses over the top of the chicken and sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, herbs and olive oil. Spread the seasoned panko evenly over the top of the cheese layer.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through and the casserole has begun to brown and is bubbling. Option, serve over zuchinni noodles. Here’s a great link for a delicious recipe for zuchinni noodles.