- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut aminos
- ¼ cup (60 ml) local raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 pound flank steal thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 greeno onion sliced for grnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut aminos, honey, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper to a glass measuring cup and mix with a flat wisk until well combined.
- Pour that mixture in the pan with the onions and let it come to a boil. Add the arrowroot powder to the pan while continuously whisking until the mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Place the steak slices in the pan with the sauce, distributing them throughout the pan so as not to overcrowd them. Simmer the meat in the sauce for 4-5 minutes, or until no red meat is apparent.
- Once the meat has cooked through, place over cauliflower rice and top with chopped green onion.